HP Scanner Stopped Working after Windows 10 Upgrade
Latest models of HP printers have excellent features that include the print, scan, copy and Fax, Automatic document feeder, duplex printer and a lot more. The scan feature that is available helps you to scan your documents. The HP scanner errors are common when you upgrade the Windows 10 software or other versions of the software. It is easy to resolve these errors with the help of 123 hp printer support guidelines. All you need to do is to dial the toll-free number provided and speak to our agents right away for HP scanner troubleshooting.
Here is how you can resolve the errors associated with the scanner, scanner not working in windows 10 when you go on with the windows 10 upgrade
HP Scanner troubleshooting
Check for the software’s that are corrupted
- Checks if there are any software’s that are corrupted. If so uninstall the software and then install it again. To find the corrupted files, turn on your device and then open the command prompt window. Try it as an administrator.
- Once the window opens, you can type scan now as or SFC in the command window
- Wait for some time. A window will open where you can find the corrupted files.
- If you find it difficult to fix these errors, try entering the safe mode and try it again. Click on the Enter tab, after you type the command
- Finally, press the Enter button
- You can wait since it will take few seconds to complete the process.
Open the exact command prompt > Run as administrator > Type the scan command in the space provided (try it in safe mode) > Check if the corrupted files are removed
Check the version of Windows 10 creator update software
Always ensure you install the latest version of windows 10 creator software. Repair option will help you to repair the corrupted software and Drivers.
Update the scanner Driver software
- Check the HP scanner software and ensure it is the latest version. It is always best to use the Driver talent tool.T his tool will help you to update the latest version of the software automatically.
- Driver easy tool to install the software’s compatible with your device – The latest and the best tool to check and update the drivers. The best part about the tool is that it can easily find the software’s that are compatible to use with your device
- Make a note that it is important to find the software that is compatible to use with the scanner.
- Choose the WebPages that help you to download the latest version of the software. HP customer support page is where you can find the latest version of software’s for your Printer.
Perform a Quick scan of your Computer
There are lots of Antivirus software’s available. Choose the best one that is compatible to use with the operating system of your computer. Driver talent is the most widely used tool to check your system software.
In addition, there are other software’s too such as HP printer Scan and doctor tool, HP scanner and Driver tool. All you need to do is to choose the best one that suits your PC to perform HP Scanner troubleshooting for scanner not detected in windows 10 errors. Launch the Driver talent tool > Click on the scan option > Wait till the scanning Process is complete
HP scan and Doctor Tool
- To use the tool, navigate to the HP page and type the name of the tool in the search bar
- The search results will be visible
- Find the tool
- Click on it
- Select it and then Press the download tab
- After you complete the download, open the tool
- Press the start option
- A list of scanners available will be listed
- You can choose the exact name of the scanner from the list
- Retry the steps if the name of the scanner is not visible
- Move on with the onscreen Instructions
- The final step is to click on the Fix scanning option
Perform the above steps and you can definitely resolve
Restart your PC
- Restart your PC once and most of the errors associated with the Windows 10 creator updates will be resolved
- Wait for some time and then check if the error is resolved
- Uninstall other Software’s such as Adobe Flash Players
- Look for other software such as Adobe Flash Players installed on your computer. Uninstall it; since this software’s can cause scanner errors to some extent
Uninstall other Software’s such as Adobe Flash Players
Look for other software’s such as Adobe flash Players installed on your computer. Uninstall it; since this software’s can cause scanner errors to some extent
Troubles shoot your Printer and scanner once
- Navigate to the Control Panel of your Printer, select and then look for the Troubleshoot tab
- Now click on it and go on with the onscreen instructions
- Go to the Printer Control Panel >Click on the Devices and Printer options >Press the Troubleshoot tab
Repair the Corrupted System Files
Turn on your device > Click on the Windows Logo > Press the R key > Search for the dialog box that will appear on the screen shortly > Type cmd in the Run box > Finally click on the OK button > Wait until the Command Prompt window open > Now type the command scan now > Press the Enter tab > View the Results
Verify the essential services required to use the scanner
There exist some essential services to run the scanner. It is must that these services should be active and here is the list
- Shell Hardware detection HP printer problems
- Image acquisition, windows
- Endpoint Mapper
- Server Process Launcher- DCOM
Users who want to know the steps in detail to resolve the scanner not working in HP errors, scanner not detected windows 10 and other HP printer problems, HP scanner troubleshooting can contact our 123 hp printer support right away and get the instant support and assistance at +1-855-836-0800. We always focus on our customers and help them to resolve all their queries.
For additional information on HP printers, visit 123.hp.com/setup