HP Printer wireless setup for MAC
Using the Apple Software update, you can accomplish the HP Printer wireless Setup for MAC by installing the Mac Snow Leopard print driver.
- Since some of the newer models of HP Printers do not support this operating system anymore, it is important that you make sure that you have a compatible driver for your Mac OS X 10.6.
- Just connect the printer or scanner device to the Mac and wait for a while
- Usually, the required update is detected by the OS X to be downloaded and installed automatically
Connecting your HP Printer
- Whether you are using the wired or wireless network, an active internet connection is an imperative requirement for the Apple Software to install and update the appropriate HP Printer Setup driver
- Ensure that your Mac is connected to the internet
- Now, depending on your connection type, you can do any of the following.
Note: Add the printer to the Mac computer’s printers’ list when you see a prompt during driver installation
Computer with USB cable connection
- Take a USB cable and connect the computer and the HP printer Setup through the respective USB slots. Here, the software update process runs automatically.
- Connect your PC or laptop to an internet network connection and turn the printer on
- Attach the USB port cables to both the hardware
- At the software Update window, you will see a few messages displayed that will tell you to install the driver
- Follow those instructions and add the printer to the list of connections
- The Apple software invariably identifies the appropriate software and driver and even attempts to install it on your machine the moment you connect your printer to a wireless connection.
- For the HP printer Setup that has either a text or touch navigation control panel, can use the Wireless Setup Wizard to configure the wireless connectivity. Basic control panels have no screen but only buttons. In such a printer, with the help of WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup should be able to achieve connectivity.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard is available when you press the ‘Wireless’ button; thereafter you just have to explore the Wireless, Network or Setup tabs
- Select your network with the help of guided instructions that will prompt you to enter some ID and password to connect to the network
- That is why it is important to collect your SSID information and security passwords before you start using the wizard
- Next, turn all connectivity devices such as the router, printer and computer on and put them on the same network
- To engage the printer with a network, you have to scroll through the control panel and go to the Wireless Setup Wizard to follow any instructions
- The WPS or Wi-Fi- Protected setup can be done when you have a printer with push buttons
- Check your printer manual to see if you can find a support system
- Till the wireless light starts blinking, you must hold the wireless button down
- Then go to your router after a few minutes and press the WPS button
- Automatically, a connection with the printer is established
If you have any issues in following the instructions that we have mentioned herein for HP Printer wireless setup for MAC, feel free to call us at +1-855-836-0800 any point in time. We will lend our support 24/7 and help our customers resolve their issues in no time. Otherwise, use the chat facility on our website 123 hp printer support to get in touch with us and resolve your printer related queries.